Sunday, November 25, 2012

Moving into the Mastersuite

I sit and type, completely and utterly knackered! I found a new form of cruel torture today and it's painting ceilings. The . . . absolute . . . pits. I will bribe someone else to do it for me next time. Funny thing is, the cheapest and most simple ceiling paint was the best to work with. It was even quite hot today and it behaved beautifully. The only nice thing about painting ceilings.

I was determined to complete the room today, so I trotted off to Bunnings this morning to get the paint and a roller on a pole. Such glamorous purchases. I prepped the room ala 'Dexter' style to ensure that no paint touched my pretty grey walls and I could get the cornices undercoated and painted as quickly as possible. I'm getting really good at being clever and efficient when it comes to painting. I even discovered that cranberry juice is not only good with vodka.


Wouldn't look out of place in Dexter's lair . . . . . hehehe!


Oh the fun of it! I think he looks so much better with my little makeover. Best thing about protecting the walls like this is that I got to catch up on the news on my way around. Did you know that Colette Dinnigan just had another baby, a boy, at the age of 47? Fascinating.


So on I plodded and finished the cornices AND ceiling and the the great move began. Do you remember when the room used to look like this?

  

Well now, it looks like THIS! (Insert Happy Dance!)


Part one of my vision is complete! I'm finding it hard to believe, but my body is telling me otherwise!

I chose a grey/white colour scheme for the whole room as I just adore the serenity of the colours. I will, of course, add more accents along the way. I have found that dark timber or black accents beautifully with this colour scheme, so I'll be keeping my eye out for some special pieces over the holidays. 

I think people get concerned about using too much white, but it can easily be balanced by the use of textures. I certainly have plenty of texture in my bedlinen and cushions, great for Ms Tactile!




All of my cushions came from Freedom. I find they are the best for on trend items that aren't ridiculously expensive and I do love looking at their pretty displays! I got these ones using the voucher my sister gave me for my birthday back in March. The smaller cushions remind me of ones my Grandma has, a pretty shantung silk texture. 

My bedside tables were bought off eBay for the grand total of $50 - for BOTH! They came with the gorgeous glass knobs and I must say, I do love them. My other Grandma used to have furniture with similar Queen Ann legs. Funny how things go full circle!


My lamps were purchased a little while ago at Bunnings for $59 each. One of very few pretty things I've ever found at Bunnings, they were also the right price. Not like that 'other' lighting store who perform daylight robbery with their prices! I'm really pleased with the look so far, it's very close to what I had in mind. The only thing missing now is our built-in and timber floors, but they'll have to wait until after New Years. 

Now that's done, I can open my doors each morning and gaze at my next project!


Eeeeeek! Think I'd better shut the doors, lay down and gaze at my greenery instead. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment