Sunday, November 18, 2012

Cornices & other conundrums

I am proud to announce that we completely avoided having to pay the ridiculous $100 delivery fee for the cornices. The cornices didn't even cost $100 for goodness sake! I passed the problem onto the brains trust and they put their brains together and worked it out! :-)

I'm happy to say that all the cornices are now up. My excitement was soon dampened when I realised that it means MORE cleaning & painting for me (GASP! There's plaster on my pretty grey walls). The ceilings will also need doing again due to the patchy holes from the old fluoro lights. Think I'll just turn up the music, sing at the top of my voice and try to forget that my arms are being tortured once again!



The cornices are also up in Room 2 and some more plastering means that this room is also nearly done. And we all know what that means now don't we?



Then we have the conundrum. A patch of ugliness consisting of sewer pipes and remnants of the brick wall. It's here because this will eventually be a doorway into our ensuite (currently just a toilet and laundry on the other side). I'm hoping that the nice built in wardrobe people (yet to be found) can fashion a temporary closet for us so the bricks really will be no more! Think I'll hide the iron AND the ironing in there :-)


Tomorrow, I will pay my friendly paint man at Bunnings another visit. Love it when he calls me 'love'.

No comments:

Post a Comment