Saturday, November 3, 2012

Blinds and Doors galore!

Even more progress today, which was really pleasing!

We managed to install two of the four blinds we ordered and also got the doors hung! 'We' means myself and my sister and brother-in-law. After all, many hands make light work!

I ordered the blinds from my sister and brother in law who have an eBay store that sells a range of great blinds. You can find their store here. I decided on dual roller blinds for the two windows in the bedroom (light filtering teamed with blockout) and chose stark white to continue the soft grey/white colour scheme.

Here's the daytime shots I promised, complete with blinds!


I mocked up the skirting board for that one. We're not putting them on until we replace the flooring. I'm aiming to make my life easier, so we can live without them until then!

This pic is probably the closest to the colour Tranquil Retreat in real life. Tricky to capture with the camera.

 

And voila! Pretty doors hung and ready to sliiiiiiiide! No door frames yet. I'm giving myself a break!



Now to go and resign myself to ordering and paying way too much for delivery of our cornices. Dammit, but it has to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment