Saturday, October 13, 2012

Nearly all stitched up

The title of this blog post has dual meaning. Yes, our renovations are well on their way to being finished. They may have been finished by now if I hadn't had a little accident last Sunday!

Whilst preparing to add the second coat of undercoat to the main room, my foot found a broken picture frame. The glass corner of the frame was broken, unbeknown to me, in a sharp hook shape. My foot found it, 6 stitches and a lot of claret later, I found myself ground to a halt. Saying that I was angry with myself was an understatement. I was glad that it didn't happen to one of the kids and lucky it didn't hit a main vein.

Stitches come out tomorrow and I am relatively mobile today, so I added the second coat of undercoat. I have discovered that undercoating is my least favourite job, it's like running on the spot - BORING! Room 1 is now ready for the colour coat, window architraves and cornice. I'm not revealing the colour choice for this room just yet!


No more ugly fluoro lights either, all gone with some lovely ceiling fan lights in. I ended up saving about $90 each on these fans as I caught them on the last day of a sale at Cetnaj, Erina. Just have to wait for not-so-handy-man to patch the holes in the ceiling before it can be repainted.


My lovely new doors are undercoated on one side, ready for their other side to be done tomorrow. My foot was yelling at me to stop, so I listened. :-)


Unbelievably, I've gone through 3/4 of the 10L prep/undercoat tin. At $119 a pop I'm not happy about that! Room 2 needs some more plaster finishing before it gets its first coat. With cornice, doors, skirting and room 2 to go, I think I will need to visit the Bunnings paint aisle . . . . AGAIN.


Tomorrow I'm heading off to buy the window architraves and I'll try my hand at installing those myself. It'll be worth the work as then Room 1 will be ready for the final paint touches - one step closer to moving in. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment